Saturday, October 20, 2007

Take your time

People always say "take your time" when there is no urgent expectation to complete certain task. The phrase always come from someone to you or you to someone.
I wish I can say that to myself that day...as when thing is not urgent but why rush!

At the night of Oct-18-2007, there was rain out there. I decided not to take umbrella to pick up my car from not far distance although being advised by my mother better to take umbrella and don't run as she witness before someone just fell down by doing the same. I thought I've being very skillful all the while and forgotten all the advice and being self-conceit to just run toward the car. I quickly opened up the door and try to go into the car. In just a split second, my forehead just hit right to the edge of the door where the door was never opened up with enough space for me to safely go into the car. Of course, the cut of the forehead started to bleed. Nevertheless, I still drive the car toward the shelter area to pick up my family that awaiting there then only I started to use tissue(>10 sheet) to try to stop the bleeding.

I used to always tell my little daughter not to run/rush as my mother always do. But, thing will always happen in split second when you never have consciously thought on consequences. Although, this has been just a small incident but I experienced that with a thoughtful lesson. And start to remind myself to "take your time" at anytime, anywhere.

Coincidently, A friend of my also hit to a sliding glass in a shopping mall and got a sounds smilar injured on forehead (eyebrow area) exactly a week before of my incident. The root cause was unknown but he just joking said that "A demon called me towards the door & I was mesmerize".

Make no fear to an unintentional mistake, as long we learn something out of it.

No comments: